View Single Post
Old 31-Oct-2006, 18:50
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti
What do you think?

By my reckoning he's got less titles, but more experience and I think all in all a better more rounded racer. What do you think? Is he better than the Foghorn?

Well having read Foggy's autobiography, I thought he came across (disappointingly) just as he always seemed to and still does IMHO, as an arrogant ****. Good though he was when on form and as enyoyable as he proved to be to watch and for all his efforts and the good and media attention he brought to WSB, he lacks the charisma that say Sheene had and who did not spend his whole time off the track bad mouthing all and sundry and / or blaming the machinery when a race did not go his way. Back to the current era, Bayliss may not be the most animated of people, when interviewed off the track, but he does at least let his performance on the day do the talking and not his runaway mouth as his English former counterpart readily does. I like Foggy but sometimes all the "me...me...me, I am the best British rider of all time" record, starts to wear pretty thin when he chooses to play it so often. A good rider can rest on his laurels, not ram them down other's throats 24/7.