View Single Post
Old 04-Jun-2012, 17:49
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

I found it's quite a stretch to the bars due to the long tank so I put some of the Ducati accessory risers on. I think the 2007 > models came with the risers as standard though. I've also put some new bars on, based on Renthal flat bars (chopped up) that have a fifteen degree bend in them to reduce the reach a little more. It's a lot more comfortable now.

The engine is terrific; pulls like a train from low revs and the gearbox light and sweet. The handling is good but I've had my suspension set up with new (stiffer) springs and damping. The set up is very soft from the factory. The stiffer springs actually absorb bumps and ridges better.

I think most SC's tend to be summer bikes as the chrome, engine paint and lacquer would likely get a beating from a British winter. Check the leading edge of the wheel spokes for corrosion as they are not stainless. They polish up with Autosol but on a high milage bike they could be pitted. Flakey lacquer on the cam covers and peeling paint on the back of the engine also worth looking out for.

Only use premium 98 Texaco/BP/Shell fuel as this fuel doesn't contain ethanol at the moment (but certainly will in the future). The Nylon fuel tanks don't like the water that separates out from ethanol based fuel and they can absorb it and expand. This issue can be fixed by lining the tank with Caswells (there are places that will do it for you) and an effected tank will shrink back if removed and left to dry out indoors over the winter period.

I hope I haven't put you off! Just stuff I've picked up over the last couple of years and nothing some tinkering wouldn't fix. I'm certainly very pleased with mine. That first blast in early March after the winter break is just fantastic! The only thing I can't change is people coming up to ask about it whenever I park up