Thread: Ducati Service
View Single Post
Old 02-Feb-2011, 18:59
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati 748r-853r / SF 1098s

Mood: ...much happier.
Cool.... just trying to weigh it up cost wise Vs credible duke mechanics. Something tells ms that I may need to sell a kidney on ebay to fund it's first trip to the doctors.

JHP wanted £700+vat for standard first main service + also recommended replacing the valves at the same time (?), whilst RP explained £400inc VAT for belts replacement which includes a full service. However, JHP did say that without seeing the bike, it's impossible to put a price on it - totally understand their point here. The good thing about it going to JHP is that they were the ones who did the 853 conversion.

One of my work mates has a 748r over here, who usually uses Protwins in Surrey for any Duke bits and bobs, who winced at the price from JHP for belts and full first service - he thought it was a little on the deer side.

Bugeted £1200-1500 in readiness for a phone call from whoever, as looking to get belts, bike-trac and an alarm. Something tells me that if JHP get their hands on it, it may be closer to £2k. I guess if they do the valves, then more.