View Single Post
Old 27-Oct-2003, 17:18
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Problem solved, Bill Langton will be collecting it this week to fix, and then have the outer engine cases repainted too at the same time (they look a right flakey corroded mess)
I suppose at the same time put a new side stand on it (non bent item with any luck) and replace a few of the bolts around the bike (original items seemed to be made from a material owned by kawasaki called "Krappite" which turns to powder when a spanner goes within an inch from the bolt right before your eye's)
Perhaps i am being a bit hard on the old 916, but i do find this hillarious when most would be brought to tears. At least one thing, the parts are dirt cheap compared to Honda / Yam prices.
The actualy cond / mileage of the bike is very good for a 95 (far better than most i wen to see before i bought) but it had 2 old guy owners who didnt seem to care for it much, but they did chuck loads of cash at it and didnt skimp on servicing. but in the last 9 months i have put on around 6000 miles (only had 12 when i bought it) and with any luck another 2 - 3000 over winter, i expect to see a few niggles but the electrics seem to be the main thing (had a new loom only 4 months ago - see "Red sky at night, Ducati wiring loom on fire" thread)
Ah well, fun and games eh, at least i can trust my good ole 2 strokes to keep going