Thread: Snowy Denmark
View Single Post
Old 17-Dec-2009, 20:22
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Snowy Denmark

After my brothers call for help I flew out of Stansted on the 12.05 flight that was 20 mins late, no suprise there.
Arrived in Billund at 15.55 local time, 4 inches of snow and -5 degrees , Pauls comment was "Mmm not much snow here" spent the next hour and a half driving through Denmark as the snow got deeper & deeper.
Stopped off for a McDonalds for tea, yes the same **** as we get in the UK, now off the motorway the roads are a few inches of ice under the snow, but as they have to use winter tyres by law there is a fair bit of grip, seen a few lorries stuck and a few cars in ditches but the traffic flows at a good pace.
eventualy arrive at Pauls.
A change of clothes and straight into the back of the van to attach the bike anchor points, ready for getting his Baylis rep from his local dealers tomorrow, most of his gear is packed so a trip to the recycling & tip trip tomorrow to get rid of any rubbish and it will be time to pack the van and trailer.
Temperature now dropping sharply, should peak at -11 over night and steady to -5 tomorrow during the day,
Time to put our feet up and enjoy a few beers now

Chris