MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
New Ktm Bsb Support Series Planned For 2007

Copied from the New Era website

This has been announced today,
NEW KTM BSB SUPPORT RACE SERIES PLANNED FOR 2007
2007 KTM 990 SUPER DUKE BATTLE*

Brands Hatch - Sunday 1st October 2006

MCRCB Events Limited and Dorna UK Limited today announce, provisionally, the establishment of a new mono-marque race series to feature at selected BSB 2007 events utilizing the spectacular KTM 990 Super Duke motorcycle. Examples of the motorcycle will be shown to the public and prospective teams and riders, today at Brands Hatch.

Commenting on the announcement, Stuart Higgs, BSB Series Director said: “We are delighted at the prospect of the creation of this series. The 990 Super Duke is a truly spectacular motorcycle and to engage with a new, prestigious manufacturer such as KTM and to embrace a sector of motorcycling not currently represented is highly significant. We are well aware that the naked 'Streetfighter' class is currently the fastest growing market in the industry and it is appropriate that we can provide a sporting platform.”

Details are expected to be confirmed at the forthcoming International Motorcycle show at the NEC, Birmingham.

Prospective teams and riders may lodge their details with the series organising partner Bracken MW Ltd. (www.bracken.co.uk).

More details on the KTM 990 Super Duke model can be found at www.990superduke.com

Now I am not saying that its a bad thing to have a race series with these bikes, but if there is room for an extra class at BSB, why not get the 250's back in there???

I am sure this will be a great series and good racing, but I doubt its gonna bring us a World Champion out of it.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook