View Single Post
Old 01-Nov-2006, 17:02
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,the top 10 qualifyers were all in the 1.31 bracket.When Rossi lobbed it,it took him 2 laps to catch and overtake the Ilmoor.(Slowest bike out there)
He was never gonna catch the leaders in a million years.Capirossi broke the lap record to stay with Bayliss.

The race itself was pretty boring after around lap 8.There was a bit of dicing downfeild but most of the positions stayed the same.
Man was it hot there tho.Unusually warm for the time of year.Sitting in the crowded open stand I thought I would melt.I missed most of the 250 race as the heat got the better of my 9 yr old daughter.We sat under the stand sipping water.She made it to the end of the big race,bless 'er.
The time/temp displays in town afterwards said 32 deg.C.
The Spaniards go just as mad for the 125's and 250's,(Well you would,if your countrymen were world champions),but hardly get a mention here.
125 Champ Alvaro Bautista was staying at our hotel and most of the Brits did'nt recognise him.It was only when they saw a life sized cut-out of him advertising chrisps that the penny dropped.

Last edited by KeefyB : 01-Nov-2006 at 17:06.