View Single Post
Old 04-May-2009, 22:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Are things looking up ?

To me the DSC was always about like minded people getting together to enjoy shared interests, such as Ducati ownership and racing.
Trips to Silverstone to watch some guy known as WJB race a TZ250 owned by some old codger known as Monty, or poping along to the 2002 Megameet to try and catch up with a few more names that I knew from the vibrant message board that had proved me with lots of useful info and some badly needed parts to get my first Ducati on the road.

I soon got to know quite a few members but had no real idea of who the MT were or if they even existed, all I Knew is that things happened such as the Hospitality dinners, BMF and the DSC trackdays, Monthly meets/rideouts etc were the terrain of the regular members, friends getting together for a chin wag and a ride. There seemed a ceratinm harmony to it all so it does beg the question where did things go wrong
Was it Egos, was it DD, did the club just get to bigor did it fail to move with the times.

If the answer is known then maybe the situation can be rectified, whats broken and how can it be fixed.

From my perspective the regular members have moved on for what ever reason as could be seen from those that turned out for the rideout to the Ace Cafe, if truth be told the same small group of us would have been getting together even if the DSC had never existed as we were mates prior to our Ducati ownership and will remain so along time after.

Still I'm looking forward to the DSC trackday at Cadwell on the 15th/16th June and catching up with friends I haven't seen for a while and as with all my years in the DSC I'll attend the AGM and support those that are brave enough to step forward to help with the running of the club, me I'm not that brave !!!

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook