Thread: Translogic Dash
View Single Post
Old 27-Nov-2009, 13:04
Big Twin

I looked into it some time ago and I think that they do not have the odometer and/or trip meter which technically should make them a MOT failure (though in practice they don't really check that). The trip meter is quite handy to have a sense of your fuel range too.

This is why at the time I went for the AIM MXL instead. I went for the Pista but there is a cheaper Strada option. Great build quality and I like the interface very much. Much more expensive than translogic though.

For my 996 (that is going on the road) I am thinking of getting a Race Technologies dash. Does all you need for the road (including high beam, indicators, odo and trip meter, etc). All that for £500. You can even expand it with a data acquisition external unit if you want. Dunno build quality though.

I would stay away from the Magneti Marelli as well. I had one and build quality is very basic (plastic casing when most others are alloy), poor configurability, no odo or trip meter... Only benefit was that they did a plug and play version with Ducati loom. But overrated IMO.