View Single Post
Old 13-Jan-2009, 13:00
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
If you were to go back to the good old days of racing all tracks were like that, families went and took packed lunches and had a good day out, I think people expect too much these days.

That is indeed true. By the same token the whole family in those days wouldn't have had to fork out £45 for anybody over 12 years old, and they'd probably have had enough space to sit on the grass for their picnic instead of spending the day trying to stop themselves from sliding down the bank at the Foggy Esses.

I must be getting old, but for £45 I want to be able to sit somewhere reasonably comfortable, I want a burger van and a bar within an easy stroll instead of fighting my way through crowds and I want toilets where I'm not up to my knees in ****.

Silverstone has got that sorted much better than Donington, but as others have said it's not such a good circuit for actually seeing the action.

It's a shame. Let's hope that the improvements at Donington bring it up to scratch - all they need to do at the Foggy Esses is get a JCB to cut some terraces in the bank...can't be that hard

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^