View Single Post
Old 17-Jan-2012, 14:01
DSC Club Rep
Montjuic

LOL. Another two posts and I might even be able to do a track day ;-)

I've used Tesco Momentum 99 (advertised as having 5% ethanol) in my SC1000 and the tank has grown by 5-10mm but no other imperfections - so far. It's sickening though to know that it will get worse unless I take action now.

The remaining fuel companies have not written back to me so the best thing we can do right now is use Texaco Premium.

Really helpful advice ducatiz, thanks. I've just spoken to The Motorcycle Restoration Company in Essex and they seal 'loads of tanks' specifically for the reasons we are concerned about. Martin at MRC confirmed exactly what you said ducatiz, regarding preparation. Sounded like he had said it hundreds of times. £150 for a single coat and £205 if it needs a second coat + VAT. I feel sorry for the poor souls who have classic bikes with fiberglass tanks, he has some real sorry stories!

Might as well take my tank off this w/e and let it dry before taking it up to MRC. A distress purchase but I can't wait for Ducati to do something with more ethanol on the way soon.