View Single Post
Old 25-Mar-2013, 12:03

MCN Mulitstrada 1200 S Touring long term test bike

Ladies and gentlemen

Just wanted to introduce myself...I am the lucky chap who is running the 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring for MCN this year. I've actually had the bike since December and it has already done about 2500 miles but this is the first time I have posted on DSC forum.

Apart from an issue with a misfire when the bike was still brand new (traced to a dodgy plug lead eventually) everything has been brilliant - I maintain the MS1200 could well be the perfect road bike for Britain's terrible roads.
I have spoken to Monty on previous occasions about various things and I know you guys were helpful in helping us trace a load of Ducati superbikes for a history feature we did with Neil Hodgson last year.

If anyone has anything they want to chat about then either contact me through the forum or directly at andy.downes@motorcyclenews.com as I would love to hear from MS1200 owners.
My bike is standard apart from the bigger handguards, new Garmin Nuvi 350 sat-nav, a Touratech Zega Pro topbox and I have fitted some new Bridgestone T30 tyres which are excellent.
I've got lots planned for the bike this year; including a ride to Italy in May. Should be a great year.

Hope to catch up at some point.

Andy Downes
MCN Senior Reporter