Thread: Schools Out
View Single Post
Old 05-Feb-2009, 15:27
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Not surprised that people can't be bothered to venture out to work, the nanny state says it's not "safe" to do so, so the drones obey.

'Bout time the driving test included a few sessions on a skid pan like it does in Finland.

Junior was well hacked off that his school was the only one that bothered to stay open on Monday up here, big up to the headmaster and his staff.

On the work front your story reminds me of a colleague who's house I had to drive by on the way to work many years ago. They wouldn't come in when we had some snow and I did have to chuckle to myself when they said to me "I suppose today will come out of my leave then" rather that expecting a freebie. Too right it will.

Ray.
Some years ago I was working with a Finnish colleague, and I mentioned that the Finnish weather seemed to me to be one of the reasons why a country with only about 5 million people produced most of the top rally drivers. He agreed. He also pointed out that every year in the winter when his lake froze over he went out to practise ice-driving again. So, just like the stay-at-homes here, it's an attitude thing too!