View Single Post
Old 13-May-2003, 12:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Throwing it down the road - advice needed

Don't need advice on how to throw it down the road, I've already had a bit of practice launching the old ST2 at the scenery during the CSS days, but I do need help on how to fix a few things quickly.

The CSS mechanic helped me straighten the bike enough to carry on, but...

To straighten the RH handlebar and replace the broken brake lever all the gubbins were taken off the bar to 'persuade' it back straight. It's better, but still out of whack. Looks like quite an expensive lump of casting so, should I :
  • Try and belt it straight
  • Seek a secondhand one of dubious history (could've also been crashed and straightened)
  • Only trust a new part
  • Follow a suggestion from another biker here in the office and nail a pair of Renthals on - more than a bit dubious myself, but has anybody tried it?

Next thing is that in the haste to do all this is time for the next CSS session, the little pin that connects the brake lever and the brake light microswitch has gone awol, so the brake light is permanently on. A pathetic little part, but any ideas how I get one - or something similar - without having to wait for a dealer back order?

Similar problem to the RH bar with the RH footrest hanger - to welt it straight or get another?

Oh, and does anybody know if Sil Motor do single replacement cans, 'cos the one I've had on the RH side of the bike for, ooooh a whole month now is mullered

The bike is rideable (apart from the dodgy illegal brake light), looks like a dog but it can wait until I get some of these bits sorted

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by Jools]