View Single Post
Old 28-Jul-2003, 07:44
Mille

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree.

I think the Mich Pilot Sports are a superb tyre, as do some mags that have put these and other tyres to the test. A correctly data logged test, not some highly subjective personal opinions.

Often they have come out top.

I weigh 14st and have now done two track days with Pilot Sports on and they have been confidence inspiring to me, as I have only been riding just over 2-1/2 years. Couldn't have hoped for a better tyre as a beginner where gaining confidence and having confidence in your tyres is very important.

My first track day was at Croft in the dry, and although not able to put them into extreme lean angles, I felt completely safe with less than 5mm before the edge of a 190 section tyre. Same goes for the very wet DSC track day. I thought how the hell am I going to get round in this weather.
As the day progressed so did my confidence as the tyres inspired me to take the bike into further lean angles. If I was not 100% confident I would never have attempted the lean angles as I did.
At the end of the straight, very hard braking before Gerrards the front gripped superbly with no dramas whatsoever.
The tyres felt very grippy in all cases.

So yeah tyres are a personal thing, but I have no problem with Mich Pilot Sports and would recommend them to anybody.

Try them, Ifn your unsure don't take them or yourself to the limit, do it gradually then come out with an opinion.

Enjoy