Thread: Sevice
View Single Post
Old 12-Jan-2005, 18:10
Big Twin

Hi OYB man

As i bought my previous bike from OYB i continued to use them for the servicing, and I guess it appeared as though the place was becoming a victim of its own success. To be honest my story is quite a complicated one, and to be fair it was also related to the sales department in part...but to cut a long story short, it nearly ended up costing me over £1000 before they relented and we reached a compromise

Weeks to book the bike in (I recall the waiting list being about 6-7 weeks at one point), even longer for parts to be delivered (only for them to be the wrong parts). Phones not answered, calls not returned (on many occasions)

Because the place seemed so busy, I always got the impression that the bikes were being rushed through the workshop. The only reason I kept gong back was because of the old service manager (John Sirrett) genuinely did seem to give a ****, and tried everything in his power to sort out problems. Once he left...the place just seemed to become 'manic' and out of control for a while. The number of times I stood in the small service reception (as it used to be) for sometime (10-15minutes) before someone actually asked me what I wanted, as I witnessed mechanics/staff trying to find bike keys or alarm fobs or job cards as no one seemed to now here they were...just seemed unorganised, and not the kind of place I wanted to leave my pride and joy anymore!!!

I just came away from the place feeling that as the customer...I really wasn't that important. You only have to compare the kind of customer care/service you get from some of the smaller independent service centers around to see the difference.

I have no axe to grind here...just stating facts...you did ask. I know of others who have bought numerous bikes from OYB and have them all serviced there with no problem at all. Its a shame, as OYB is ideal for me just 30 mins up the road...but for an extra 30 mins drive I have numerous other dealers/indepenents to choose from.

Just my opinion