Thread: Dyno Readings ?
View Single Post
Old 12-Nov-2005, 18:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I could add my 2 cents worth on the above debate about riders performances but I will refrain from doing so.
As I would rather answer Andy's question

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy#99
Skids and AK....I can't get my head round all this "mid-range" power stuff....I can't remember a single corner of a single race at a single circuit where my rev.counter went below 7000 rpm!!!!!! On the road, on an A-B "squirt" I can understand the advantage of lots of squidgy torque, but I don't see that happening in anger on the track!

So...peak power for me every time please!

Andy #99

When I rode Senna3's 675 at Llandow after just hoping off my 583 the first thing I noticed was how much stronger it pulled out of corners, below 7K you may as well knock mine down another gear as its loosing out as power has dropped to about 44bhp, where as the 675 has only dropped to 47bhp, the 675 can allow the revs to drop to 6.5k before its power drops to 44bhp although this is a bit pointless the best thing is for the 675 to run slightly higher gearing than the 583 and use exactly the same rev range and use the few extra bhp to pull the taller gearing which equates to it going faster.
I'm fairly certain my lap times around places like Castle Combe and Cadwell full circuit would be roughly a second a lap quicker if I was on a 675.