View Single Post
Old 21-Sep-2011, 08:36
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylissboy
Equity Red Star, what a bunch of ................*****!!!!!

As some of you may aware, I've recently had a bit of an off, to cut a long story short......result, one written off 1098R Bayliss!!!

If that wasn't bad enough, the problems I've had sorting the insurance out has really added insult to injury!!

I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under written by Equity Red Star. To their credit, Ducati Insurance have been very helpful, I wish I could say the same about Equity!!!

The accident hapened on the 31st July & I still haven't been paid out yet, even though they were aware that the bike was a write off within a week of the accident. I've made coutless calls to their claims dept & have been passed about like a hot potato, I've sent letters, e-mails etc to try to resolve the claim & the only way I got any info from them was to enlist the help of the broker!!!

They offered me a miserable price for the bike & I've had to fight & fight to finally get something about right as a final offer, this price was agreed last Monday & still not been paid out!

And today I received their final kick in the teeth!!! They rang to say that they wouldn't cover me on another Bayliss, but they would still cover my Foggy, thanks a bunch Equity!!!

I'm 45 years old, I've been riding for 30 years, with this being my first ever claim!! I've got full protected no claims & a clean driving licence. My Foggy hasn't turned a wheel for 2 years & I've covered 2800 miles on the Bayliss in over 2 years, for this I've been paying over £1k a year for insurance, now having one claim my insurance company have dropped me like a brick!! Even though the claim is still on going, they may still be able to get all costs back from the other party.

They really have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth!!

For those insured with Equity, I really hope you never have to make a claim, the old saying is so very true, "you never know how good your insurance is until you claim"!

Well I can tell you, Equity insurance is ****!!!!!!!

I’m in the same boat as you . I'm insured through Ducati Insurance, with the policy being under- written by Equity Red Star.
I wrote off my 748R back in August….. Too cut a long story short… After being given the run around for a month..
Yesterday i found out that they had sold my bike. Without my knowledge. We had come to no agreement yet on a figure. And I had received no correspondence at all from by Equity Red Star.
Ducati insurance all credit to them were just as shocked as me. This is theft.
Police and a solicitor will be involved if it’s not sorted by the end of today.

Angry Clint.