View Single Post
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The whole situation stinks in my opinion - I think that the DD series is worse off because of this.

I heard no "murmors" in the paddock about Dom, yet it seems that a rider has been requested to protest another rider's bike because a non-rider asked him too. Can a non-rider request this???

I thought I was on the race committee but was not aware of any of this.

IMHO this is a personal attack that has been carried out through official channels and has no place in the DD.

Someone's got egg on their face this morning.

I will endeavour to understand the protest procedure fully and report it to all riders.

Thanks to AK, Butch, Chass for stripping the bike and wasting their Sunday evening.

The only good coming from this that I can see is that Dom has proved to be the best rider on a great bike that Chass has lovingly prepared within the rules.

We knew this before, but others (non-riders) it seemed were prepared to put personal agendas ahead of the best interests of the riders.

If I don't get a satisfactory response to my questions, I'm quitting as Rider's rep - no great loss to the powers that be I'm sure. There has been so much **** going on behind the scenes, but this seems to in my opinion to potentially "disrepute" the whole series.

The series should be run for the best interests of the riders, not to meet the personal objectives of a few non-elected individuals. A democracy or a dictatorship?

Tim