View Single Post
Old 27-Dec-2006, 16:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
I virtually never seen a fuel-injected SS on the road. I've never seen a 1000ss or 800ss in the north where I live.
I hardly ever see a Monster on the road and the ones I do see are almost always water-cooled 4 valvers.
I've only seen a couple of Multis and these were the thou.
How many Sport Classics do you see? Not many again I bet.

The SSie range has been dropped because it doesn't sell. Air-cooled Monsters will go the same way imo. And almost everyone I know turns their nose up when you mention the power output. Sadly. These days it seems 100bhp is the starting point - this rules out every air-cooled motor.

IMO you have a much better chance of seeing a 916/748 derived bike than any of the air-cooled bikes.

never seen a sport classic on the raod but they outsold the mts last year.

Ducati sold 18000 or so units in the first half of last year

3800 were air cooled, over 10000 were monsters. 60% of the Monster range is aircooled, even if they only sold about 20% as air cooled thats still 1/3 of the units they sold being air cooled. A long way from nobody. The air cooled bikes are great bikes.

Cant explain what you see or dont see, dont know where you live or how often you go out?

Last edited by 749er : 27-Dec-2006 at 17:56.