View Single Post
Old 20-Oct-2012, 22:24
Bikes: my 4th Ducati in less than a year Hypermotard 1100s

Mood: Impulse!!
Here is a story for ya!!

walked into the bike shop today to show my face, as usual when im around and not at work, I ride an 848 in white with a few bits of carbon the usual stuff.

Anyway asked if i could go out on one of the bikes, they sed yes Brad what one do you want to take?? I sed the Hyper 1100s just for a bit of fun because I use to ride moto x, So off I went on the Hyper got to the garage put 8 quid in her to fill her to the brim, the roads where nice and dry so I opened her up a little bit thought this is impressive the torque was good and the front got light, my smile then went ear to ear like this !!

When I was on the twisty's the bike impressed me the most, I felt so much more at home on this than I did on the 848, there I was coming out of corners with the front wheel lifting in 2nd gear I was like a bat out of hell, I rode them twisty's like never before and what seemed like a million time's quicker, I feel sorry for the car drivers today as I became menace to society!!

Anyway with my big wide grin and my inner Rebel released, I headed back to the shop I took my helmet off and they where all laughing because of my smile, they ask me how did you find it, after i'd calmed myself down, I headed other to my mate and asked him how much, he told me the price, I then sat down and scratched my head, I got on the phone to my insurance company and the quote was £400 cheaper my smile then got bigger!!

Then I think by this put you should all guess what happened??

I bought the bike!! that's right the 848 went there and then!!

Moral of the story don't ask to borrow a Hypermotard you will buy it!!

I'm now in the Hooligan club and yes I've finally got Ohlins on my bike!!