View Single Post
Old 25-Nov-2006, 03:06
Mille

By saying "Slow" it's a relative term, I don't mean hauling on the brakes and parking the bike, I mean arriving at the corner so that you've got your braking done, you're in the right gear, you're body is positioned right (something where I've still got a lot of work to do) and where you can look at the apex with confidence. Once you've spotted the apex, turn the bike quickly and roll the throttle on smoothly and progressively all the way through the corner. As you power all the way

the first bit we all have to do.it's no good if you try to go round a corner with the brakes on,
getting the braking over with long before the corner also means you have a bit of a safe time,
and as for the right gear, well I wont go on,
but keeping the throttle open all the time,?
and I find if you shut the power of when you want to drop the bike in to a turn it helps load up the front so it helps the front tyre to grip, it alows a faster change of direction, and as for going to fast into a corner you can run deep so you can brake if you have to, not much but you way of taking the corner before the apex is not much better,
ps that's whot is meant by slow in fast out,
But there is no right or wrong way, there both ok and it's up to you if one way is better than the other for you but dont say stuff like fast in faster out is more dangerous just cos thats not the way you do it is wrong,
I've have more than 150'000 miles no bikes and there is lots more to what is ok and what is not than I can type in a day,
like you said getting the braking over with long before the coner so you can brake later if you want,
If you ride to the max it does not matter how you ride there is little room for era,
go in to a corner over 20 mph to fast for the corner and it's game over.
thats my 1p worth,
ps others say I'm fast.