View Single Post
Old 05-Nov-2004, 22:22
Mille

Mood: jolly chap
Hi All,
yes Alan your right, but what worries me is what if this happened just after the warrenty ran out !!!!
I will not be contacting Ducati UK YET until the bike is back and i am happy with it all ( i have total confidence in Bridge Andover )

Its just Ducati they should be making communications with me regarding the poor standard of workmanship envolved in such an expensive peice of equipment which has been designed to be used on the public roads worldwide, and letting thier customers risk thier lives because if these bearings had gone tits up and sized whilst on the public roads !!!! well i would hate to think of the results ESPECIALLY WITH ONE OF MY SONS ON THE BACK, it is quite bad considering that apparently it is a problem that Ducati are aware of and as such should be useing some kind of traceability system ( ISO 9001 ) to track down the faulty parts or inexperienced member of staff for retraining for shimm measurments etc !!!
This would not be difficult to do and then issue a recal to those bikes effected, as i said i will be contacting Ducati direct all in good time and will be expecting no demanding some compensation.
And yes Johny your so right it is all left upto the dealers to sort it out and take the shi* from the customer, you would think that any bad publicity is the last thing they need at the moment looking at there sales figures for last year so would go out of there way to help, apoligies and assist the customer so they dont get ****ed off, mud sticks !!!!! and bad news travels fast.

Will update as things move along
Phillip Mace