View Single Post
Old 18-Jun-2004, 18:58
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
You should go for the agreed value - not sure how much they will agree but i'm sure its going to be over £400 more than a standard bike!

"You are missing the point a little,if i were selling my bike i would remove most of the mods,sell the bike,sell the parts to retrieve some of the money that the bike owes me"

So how much of that £10K would you get back by selling the secondhand parts? It wouldn't be 50% - this looks like it could turn into a formula!?

Other than agreed value policies the claim payout for a total loss is going to be market value - which is a financial position - I expect you've discovered that now NBs996?

I'm not trying to argue or hijack a link - just following an interesting discussion and one which we could use to help our customers by developing our products.

On another point my comapny would rarely load for modifications - sometimes we might increase a theft excess because of the increased theft risk but seeing as a standard policy limits cover to standard parts we feel it is not right to load the premium as well.