View Single Post
Old 22-Jun-2006, 23:22
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Thumbs up 748 Back From Service

I picked up the 748 from Tecmoto yesterday after its 12,000 miler and some other work - I also had 50mm Termis and a new chain and sprockets fitted. I was very lucky with the rockers issue, with only one showing any signs of flaking and Mitch very kindly replaced it free of charge with a good SH rocker he happened to have on the shelf, so that was a result.

The rear sprocket was replaced with a 40T, so with that mod and the Termis it really flies now and it also sounds absolutely awesome It turns out that the TPS is playing up, so the bike is still a bit unpleasant at low revs and putting the power on in slower corners is a bit hit and miss, which rather affects the handling, but that'll be sorted in the next few weeks.

Mitch was a real star as I kept changing the date when I wanted the bike back (asap, then first week in July, then asap again), yet he still managed to have it ready and MOT'd at very short notice after I put my Z750 out of action last Saturday by riding off with the disclock on

Happy bunny

Last edited by zhed44 : 22-Jun-2006 at 23:28.