View Single Post
Old 11-Apr-2004, 19:54
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
Hope these help you - can't get a good pic of the vacuum feed but it simply goes into the rear cylinder vacuum port ( the one used for throttle balancing ) - the kit has a neat little brass adaptor which fits perfectly.
If you need any more, let me know.
Cheers
Andy

Andy,

many thanks for taking the time to take/post the pics.
I have fitted my reservoir on the righthand side lower frame rail (if that makes sense), which is behind the damper reservoir on my bike. Main reason for fitting this side was so I can keep the left side clear for one of the storage bags I've seen.

Good to see that I've fed the pipe down the inside of the rear framework the same as you have. This concerned me a bit due to the proximity of the rear cylinders exhaust. I guess its not too much of a problem though.

In a fit of madness I have decided to arrange the feed at the front sprocket. Time will tell if it is a success.

I'm not sure of the vacuum port your on about, I still have to connect this (job for tomorrow morning). I have a 996 manual so I'll have a read of that in a moment to figure out where you mean.

I took pics of my install too, so I'll post them up shortly. Btw, I found a link to a scottoiler install via the st4s website which is similar to your install (reservoir mounted differently).

Many thanks,
John.