View Single Post
Old 11-Apr-2009, 13:48
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"The guy that ploughed down the young girl a few weeks back"

He has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving-which they stated could carry a prison sentence.

I hate the camera vans and fixed camera's as much as the next man but we cannot blame the police for them-it's the bloody polititions we have to blame. Someone-not me-voted for this bunch of crooks-and unfortunately they are there for at least another 12 months-with no guarantee of anything better in the future. We all have to accept that the motorist is easy meat for a goverment that is desparate to raise funds-and nothing anyone says to me will ever convince me that all the attention on speed is anything BUT a means of raising funds. The appalling drop in the general standard of driving in this country since the goverment decided that speed was the only issue is frightening. As long as you keep within the speed limit you can get away with just about anything-and people do-why-because there are very few traffic police about to stop them.

Rant over.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!