View Single Post
Old 15-Feb-2006, 18:48
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Welcome Stuart.

Like you, my completely standard 888 Strada is tucked away for the winter (it's coming out on Saturday though for a ride to the DSC AGM). I'm also thinking about a set of high level carbon fibre cans, but only for the looks, since my current cans are standard but have had a Bora conversion that whips out most of their innards for a seriously fruity bark - sounds fabulous.

I may not be very original in my plans to create an SP5 lookalike but I definitely want to go down the single seat, high level route in the fullness of time and if I couldn't get a good deal on Termi's I would definitely go for Sils. I had Sils on my ST2 until I wiped the right hand one out in a lowside and they're good quality bits of kit. Sil are OEM suppliers for Ducati Performance and rumour has it that they're made by the same people that make Termis (could be wrong about that)

Termis for 888's seem to be making stupid money, a set just sold on eBay for just over 800 notes.

Anyway, high level cans are definitely on my list, but after a couple of anxious brake fade moments (cos the 888 brakes are nowhere near as good as the P34's on my ST) a set of billet brembos are my priority for the T8.

Oh and mines a Guiness