View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2005, 19:37
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Thanks. You never know, it may turn up.....

I put some leaflets through doors in my local area and I got a call earlier from a woman who had this morning seen a yellow bike with a J in the number plate abandoned about half a mile away close to a busy junction. Unfortunately, she didn't have my number with her and could only call me when she got home. Needless to say, the bike was not there when I went to have a look. I called the police to see if they knew if the CCTV on the junction was able to pick up that area. Were they interested? Were they b****x. Suggested that I go and look at the cameras or ask my local council if they can provide me with the tape....Hang on a mo, isn't that their job???? So I asked the officer if she could remind what was the role of the police in society....and furthermore, why do I pay £1200 council tax each year, a portion of which goes to the Metropolitan Police? She was a bit stumped for a reply....mumbled something about resources, more serious crime to solve etc (no doubt that's what the 13 officers I counted recently pulling motorists over for vehicle census were doing)

The boys and girls in blue have been singularly disinterested in solving this crime (is theft still a crime?). Despite my DIY detective work having suceeded in unearthing descriptions of the suspects, their van, their clothing etc. Once again, have they f**k! I found out today that the fairly detailed descriptions I obtained whilst doing their job for them hadn't even been entered onto the crime report!