View Single Post
Old 28-Dec-2009, 00:44
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
I'm concerned for our planets health, for my children and their children's generations.
If people were really concerned about climate change, the government would not be encouraging us to buy new cars with cash incentives,
instead of putting the right tins in the correct box.
Quote:
As a generation we have a responsibility to do something don't we?
Yes, but the horse has bolted, and it’s a little too late. The West has been happy to consume
at an alarming rate, mostly due to greed and so it goes on. Case in point what happened in Copenhagen for the G8.
The Chinese and Indian’s sat around a table listening to the West and its proposed ideas to reverse climate change and walked away.
“Maybe thinking the west is responsible and we cannot even agree”

As for the US "major polluters" - Obama will now have to sell the idea to his people. . Good luck to him

Quote:
I can’t support turning a blind eye to our impact on the environment. I work in Energy, Oil and Gas, we have concerns about carbon emissions,
and are looking to LNG for a cleaner future, Nuclear is another option, that better science will overcome its inherent challenges.

But the Chinese, US, Russia and Indian have the biggest coal reserves and are the biggest producing coal regions to date,
and the west cannot get any of these countries onboard.
How do they feel about LNG?
Quote:
We, as modern nations, should help the B,R,I,C nations industrialize themselves in the least harmful way possible, is that our responsibility? I think so.

Think globally, act locally.

Personally how
I see the effect of global change will ultimately have nothing to do with oil in time, as now there is a general migration
of people from war torn/famine countries such as Africa, due to the of lack of food and water, flooding and the displacement of millions of people in places like India,
and ongoing climate change will result in a mass movement of people more interested in basic needs, resulting in ongoing large scale wars.

Who has the biggest army? . . .

Sorry I am not normally all doom and gloom, just thought I would reply.

TopiToo