View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2009, 10:06
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by injected
Hear, hear. One vote here for keeping Class B changes to an absolute minimum in the interests of existing riders not wanting to spend ££ over the winter to remain competitive. Maybe, to help with purchase and investment decisions, the rules could include a future year when it is envisgaed that Class B in its present form will cease to exist and be replaced by a new Class using 620's or whatever. Unless several years notice are given, it will never be the right time to introduce significant change.

Oh, and I like the current tyres...

Well put sir!

Always open to suggestions, but I would think that there is not a lot that needs doing to the Current Class B rules for 2010.

The question of how long these bikes can be kept on track is an interesting one. From memory I think we have had only 1 engine blow up since the start of the series - they are in that low level of tune that they are not stressed.

Perhaps it may be an idea to say that the existing 583 bikes will be raced for 2010/2011 and then retired - but all concerned would have to realise that at the end of 2011 the bikes would probably be worthless.

If in 2011/2012 there was a move to make Class A the new novice class - then in theory we would need to look at Class C. This has been mooted before and the obvious choice might be to introduce the 696 Monster as the class machine. With them having been on the market for a couple of years there should be a supply of 2nd hand machines at reasonable cost and people can have time to buy and prep them.

I rode one at Cadwell on the trackday and it was a super machine and in fact more fun than the 1100S.

Anyway suggestions greatfully received and will be reviewed after the last race.