View Single Post
Old 03-Apr-2005, 02:44
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
In at the deep end

My first track day was at brands with south woodford on a gsxr750K
I had never ridden on a circuit and therefor entered Novice when signing in for the day.
We had the usual briefing on how to stay out of trouble and spent some time shuffling in and out of the
Bog. This Bloke introduces himself to us novices and says, I will take you out and show the way round and the lines to follow. He then said he would pull away for the last few laps and we could DO OUR OWN THING. Being somewhat eager to get out there, I found myself at the front of the going out queue. So off we go and I love it, Paddock hill, Druids, f**ing left-hander at the bottom of the hill.
No One comes past me and said Bloke, he starts to pick up the pace and so do I.
This must be the, do your own thing part he was on about, so I stick to his back wheel like S**t to a blanket. So back in the garages feeling the B**llox best buzz with me clothes on.
Bloke comes stomping in and starts pushing me around and shouting f**ing fast group, fast group.
So fast group it was for me on my next time out. Total different experience I felt intimidated, out of place, lots of race prepared bikes and Fasssst,
Last session of the day and guess who’s in the queue to go out. Turns out he is a very resent ascendant to the fast group. Guess what happened next?

Brands Snett Mallory are all good to start with.
Riding to the track is a bit of a pain and the ride home can be a killer
If you can get a van or a trailer you can take tools, petrol, and some clothes to get out your leathers for a nice van ride home coz you will need that by the end of the day. I was shagged just from walking to the bog let alone the riding fatigue. So much adrenaline takes it out of you.

Get booked in soon and have some fun.