View Single Post
Old 30-Oct-2005, 17:12

front brake freeze caused accident

Hey I'm new to this forum but am a regular at ducati.ms. I had a wreck a few weeks ago on my 2001 748 and didn't really discover what caused it until yesterday. Before I wrecked I noticed that my bike was "sluggish" or had a lack of power. When I gave it more it just bogged down. I down shifted to 2cd and had the throttle back a bit. The front end came up then back down. The bike went into a tank slapper and I low side on the left side. Well, I finally got the bike back together and rode it yesterday. About the same place I wrecked from my house, bike was doing the same thing described as "sluggish" or "bogging down." Didn't downshift with more power this time. Instead I stoped the bike and noticed that once the power was off that the bike stopped quicker than usual. I tried to move the bike in neutral. It wouldn't budge. Got off and checked the front rotors, they were sizzling hot. The discovery of this was a major revelation of why I wrecked. If you ever feel the bike bogging down and front end diving, don't give it more power! Evidently, I gave it enough to get the front end airborn. Once it came down, the brakes were frozen enough to cause the bike to go into a tank slap. Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do to fix this? I have been told about the fact that water in the brake line could boil causing this problem but I recently changed the fluid. I broke open the calipers and the seals look fine.