View Single Post
Old 18-Oct-2005, 15:01
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Always check out what the package includes/excludes. They are not all the same and sometime difficult to compare. Sometimes what looks cheap really is and if that's what you want, fine, otherwise, some look cheap and ain't once you've added everthing on. In saying that, I can't recall anyone ever saying they had a bad experience with any UK operator, but it depends on what you're used to I suppose.

Check out what you get for your money that's of any use to you whether it's ease of organisation, quality of hotel which range from very basic B&B/2* hotels right up to 5* inc pool/sauna/steam/gym/massage/free internet access, secure parking, number of UK staff available to help you, number of UK instructors, tyreman, mechanical help, transponders, free tea/coffee/drinks and cakes, bike transport usually adds around £200, plus any local pick up charge, often as much as another £100 and check out what you can carry, they are often really restricted on what you can take. Flights to Jerez at the moment are only £39.98 return for late Jan.

The biggest thing for me is whether it's open pit lane or not. I cannot explain the difference it makes, it's SO much better than the usual three groups, you just come and go as you please, totally relaxed, no pressure to perform when someone tells you to, just go out when you want to, come in when you want to. I was in Jerez for 4 days last year and one day I didn't go on circuit until after lunch, purely cause I didn't need to and would have plenty of time in the afternoon. One day, by eleven, there had only been one bike out and that was one of us, whilst the rest of us lazed around in sunshine.

Oh I can't wait.....I'm already booked up for 6 days to Jerez.

WeeJohnyB