View Single Post
Old 21-Jun-2012, 08:15
Montjuic

Angry

The handling woes continue.. the bike feels almost like its loose in the middle and weaves and moves around all over the place when its lent over, so much so that it/we've run wide on a couple of occasions.
I have changed to race mode and repeated the corners and whilst the movement is a bit less its still very pronounced and not confidence inspiring - the 1098S used to corner like it was on rails and was completely stable, the 1199S is like being on something that is about to throw me off. I have had a good look around the bike to look for anything loose or any excessive play and can't see anything obvious ( I rebuilt an R1 from a bare frame after a crash and impressive fireball at Silverstone so Im reasonably handy with the spanners ) but cannot fathom what could be wrong with the bike. Has anyone else experienced this? Its going in on saturday for the full system to be fitted whilst Im away next week so I'll ask the mechanic to take it out and see what he thinks as he races so should have a good feel.

A not very happy Ben.