View Single Post
Old 27-Aug-2006, 18:03
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Fair enough, I will give you a genuinely honest answer (and not directed soley at you)...

You had contributed to the thread in question, so therefore why didn't you email it to yourself? Seriously though, you were aware of it, why didn't you have a quick look for it? You're writing the questionnaire right? and you knew there were questions on a thread.

Surely part of the "Managements" job is to dare I say it 'pro-actively' search out the info that they know is already there? Can you understand the frustration of people when we're asked to email something that you're clearly already aware of? You had posted on the thread, but you still need someone to email the info?! It took me all of 60 seconds to find the thread and copy the info.

When I do anything for the unofficial site, I am fully aware that I'd be wasting my time if I said "Can you send me your lap times please", but I don't let that bother me for two reasons...

1. I know that the majority of people will appreciate my effort.
2. I enjoy doing it, so it's not a hassle.

I spend my own time searching for the info and putting things together on my own, as I see that is part of the responsibility that I have taken on. This is also why I get frustrated sometimes, when MT members require things to be handed over on a plate before they can act on it, rather than spending some time searching for it themselves - it's all out there, available to everyone!

Now, I'm not dumb enough to think that everyone has loads of spare time, but if you don't have the time to take on the role, then maybe it should be looked after by someone that does? Whatever that role is.

Actually, I think that's funny

Well at least we've got a bit of dialogue developing. I take on board your points but if I was to say; "please can you guys help me out here and make my job easier by sending info as requested" would that help ? Maybe one of you would like to volunteer to sweep up all the forum info and send it in ?. Be aware that if you missed anything it would be your ar*e on the line and not mine for a change ;-). If on the other hand you individually send it to the DD address it is the RC, or more to the point me who will get it in the neck for any errors or omissions.

Surely whether one has time to take on a role is very dependent on how much genuine help and goodwill is forthcoming ?. I truly appreciated your keeping the points table up to date for instance and publicly said as much but it seems that you've stopped doing that now ? I didn't make a public song and dance over it, just got on and sorted it myself.

I'd like you to consider that there are quite a few of you guys (and guyesses) out there making your contributions but there's only one of me trying to pull them all together into a workable document in this instance. It is feasible if simple requests like the email thingy are accepted.

My intention in doing this is only to benefit the series by answering questions that have arisen throughout the year in the hope that a little more stability can be introduced for next year.

I'd like you to ask any MT member you have trust in to comment on the amount of effort I've put in to sorting this out to date. Maybe Jools as he's respected by most or perhaps Paul Sutliff, an ex DD rider.

I would appreciate being able to continue any discussioin in a reasonable manner and will agree here and now not to get agitated or respond unreasonably myself. Not sure what else I can say at this juncture.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.