View Single Post
Old 23-Sep-2009, 16:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
It's exciting to be watching the conditions and making the decision to change tyres right at the last minute and getting down to the holding area to see who has chosen what tyre - all part of racing, same as the big boys do.

Reminds me of the last crash I had in SoT caused by somebody trying to race on a damp track getting wetter by the minute on dry tyres, that hurt, caused damage to my bike that was on inters and didn't feel that safe to me

Quote:
If you want a cheap option, then leave class B as it is, but class A has moved on since the series began and is attracting racers to the series who are not 'Ducati' people and certainly not novices. For Class A I would go for full wets, warmers and ANY treaded tyre make.

I can't remember sending that email yet, although it is already written, have you been hacking my PC

Quote:
PS - I suggested 748 racing ages ago - go for a 748 AND 749 series (same grid but choice of bike), stock bikes NO CHANGES except rear sets and race can - simples innit, no engine mods, no suspension mods, no arguements, no huge complex rule books, just take the mirrors off and race.

Sold my 748 that I last raced in a SoT race at Silverstone at the end of 2004 so I could get myself a DD bike
Am I going around in circles

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook