View Single Post
Old 04-Sep-2005, 02:12

Mood: Like a rolling stone......
The forks are M1R's, Strada's had 16 inch front and rear. Your calipers look gold and might be the GP1 "kit" calipers as RWG strada's had the same black Brembo calipers that came on 1989 (euro) and 1990 (usa) 851's.

Yes, the change to 17 inch wheels makes BIG diff. The bike will no longer "wheelbarrow" (meaning tuck the front wheel) when pushed into a tight slow corner. 16 inchers were famous for this. Bimota DB1's did this BIG TIME with 16's.

You have the "kit" non-blinker front fairing as strada's had blinkers built into the front of the mirror housings that looked much like the Paso built-in mirrors.

Your swingarm is the strada version as the "kit" was braced on the lower side. Strada gas capacity is 22 liters, while the "kit" is 21 liters.

The kit has 119 crank hp vs the strada's 100 crank hp, so there should be a big diff in performance if you compare it to stock 888 that has typically 100 rwhp w/open airbox and free flowing cans.

Right now I'd say you have a strada with the kit nose on it, if it's an original nose or a painted aftermarket nose to match.

Send me some detailed big kb photos and I'll tell you more.

Mike mrc.engr@verizon.net