View Single Post
Old 12-Dec-2004, 13:35
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy

OK, here's whe bit i get myself in trouble (again)

Do you really think it's acceptable for a bunch of blokes to turn up in the paddock all riding pieces of crap kicked together from breakers yards, no warmers/awnings/gennies/vans etc etc etc and go play out on track ??

Maybe 15 years ago this is how people raced Kev, it simply doesn't happen these days. Think of how professional the paddocks are these days when you go to a meeting.

Warmers are not just physical improvments, they are psychological too.....

This could turn into a slanging match, but heres my twopenneth,
Sorry Steve but I have to agree with kev, I started racing in 99, not so long ago, I rode a standard CBR400Gullarm, standard suspensionm just a dynokit & a open can, no trailer just my mum in the car with the kids & a toolbox, no wets, no warmers, & yes I rode the bike to the circuit (mallory) with the wife, bless her on the back, taped up the lights, disconected the brake lights & wired up the sidestand, one practice session, no warm up lap , average lap time was 59 seconds this was against other roadstock 400s, Positions 2nd & 4th, ie a simalar situation as the desmo due racing,( yes it was pre edwenas), so yes you can race competatevly on a budget without awnings, caravans, & all the trappings that can come with it, racing is seriouse but it is also fun, & that I think is what this series is about.
Chris.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by chris.p]