View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-2006, 15:54
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well I popped over to St Neots today and what can I say... I know that some of my mates have reservations about it, but I am smitten.

There are bits of it that I thought I wouldn't like from all the photos. I thought that the front end was too Japanese, I thought that the back end was too MV and that the cans didn't fit properly, I thought that the swingarm was too big and clumsy and I didn't like the dogs ear shape of the mirrors. I reality the styling has definitely got more Ducati DNA than Japanese in my eyes and it looks much more together than it looks in photos. It is bloody gorgeous.

There are bits that I really like. It was stood next to a 749 and the bigger tubing used on the frame really stands out and is VERY cool. I love the big narrow track discs and the chunky calipers and the instruments are as cool as frozen cool pie. I also love the magnesium cam covers and the forged Marchesinis are a work of art (it was the S I looked at)

There are a couple of bits that I didn't like. The infamous exhaust shield/valve cover looks naff to me and is crying out for a piece of carbon to replace it and the forward section of the seat unit is finished in dark grey plastic which has a cheaper feel than you might expect or want on a 14K bike.

Overall though, I would still love one

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^