View Single Post
Old 30-Jul-2006, 00:11
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

What a great day out.

I blasted straight down to Cornerspeed as I thought I should really get there as early as poss since I set the wheels in motion for the meet!

A brace of 7/9 series bikes were already there and Neil greeted me and was obviously proud to have the legendary "BlooDuke" on display (in the first pic), which he fired up later and sounded awesome, especially inside a building.

A few 2V's were already there - Colin (Ziggi) from the 900SL.com site + Herb and shortly after Andy900ss and Chi appeared to be welcomed into the hallowed hall.

Lisa also made a modelling appearance and then Judi turned up on her Yellow SuperLight just to prove how nice and different they really do look.

It was good to kick ideas and modifications around with owners of similar machines; I was most impressed with Chi's STM clutch slave which has convinced me I need to uprate mine to make the action lighter.

Sadly, the time flew by and peeps had to drift away to return to 'normality' - I was one of the last to leave but I was desperate to finally find Squires Cafe on the way home - which I did, at last!

Canny place - sign posting is naff and I rode straight past! Quite busy even for Sat teatime and it looked like the Bandit owners club were having a rally of some sort. Some trade stands and a mobile Dyno were there, making a good noise on the few bikes I heard. I couldn't resist a coffee and a newly baked pastie and enjoyed the nicely chilled atmosphere - there was only one other Duke that I could see in the place but, I'll definately return now I know where its at.

The weather just couldn't help its self and had to rain lightly on the outskirts of Cleveland but, I didnt even bother to stop to don waterproofs - just wound him up to ***mph and enjoyed the ride

264 mile round trip today and every ride is feeling easier now however, all these motorway are starting to square off the back tyre......time for a trackday me thinks

Many thanks to Neil for letting us meet at Cornerspeed - top bloke!

Thanks as well to all that turned up, nice one.

Cheers - Frank