View Single Post
Old 01-Jan-2007, 17:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I have my opinion and its different to yours. Horses and the like where here before cars,etc and I expect they will be here a long time afterwards. I also think there are a lot more ****s riding motorcycles

Whilst I am prepared to accept that there maybe more twits riding motorbikes than horses that is no argument for disallowing motorcyclists using green lanes and the open countryside, after all some of us live in it ! Another counter maybe that roads were only tracks before motor vehicles became prevalent so maybe horses should'nt use metalled roads. Maybe horse riders should be licenced as horses kill and injure just like motorcycles.

Why should riders of horses be exempt from having a minimum of third party insurance.

Personally I dont ride a horse or use a motorcycle off road, I didnt hunt either but I do object to the nanny state and other do gooders sticking their unwanted noses in and dictating what we/others should or should not be doing. The same people will soon have your motorcycle exhaust further muffled, your BHP reduced and a device fitted so that your maximum speed is checked.

5% of the available routes was not much to keep open for all users !

IMHO you need to protect every single bit of freedom, unless you do you will lose it.