View Single Post
Old 18-Feb-2004, 17:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Couldnt agree more Otto...When I picked up my new 916 in '97, it drew crowds everywhere as there simply werent many around (a £14k price tag prevented that!), but by the time it had gone to the big scrapyard in the sky in 2002, there were so many 748/9*6 etc and im not surpised..you can pick a cheap 748 up for £4k so there becoming more accesible. A lot of bike for very little money.

Wanted summat different (did look at 916 sennas but they were going for silly money considering there just a biposto with a few bolt ons) , always dreamed of a 888 and here we are. And I cant believe how much more attention I get on it (from bikers and non-bikers) than I did the 916 !!! Im in love with the thing..it just seems to have even more character then the 916 !!

It also seems that its not just the bikes that are fetching good money.I had to pay £18 for an original sales brochure !!!!

So long live the 888 (as a bike and an investment fund)!!!! It goes in for a major service on Monday so I hope I still love it after I get the bill

Nat