View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-2006, 22:29
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
Well it has been really interesting seeing the varying points of view and reasons behind why people believe/think this way.

I can honestly say i think its a bit mad, but variety being the spice of life and all, it would be boring if we all like the same thing, but i thought the "family" would be a little more close nit as it were.

I have had a few quickish cars with decent forums previously and to be honest i was expecting more of our "Ducati family" than i had experienced in the car forums, purely because it always seems to be Ducati against the rest of the world, well the Japanese Rockets i guess, but it seems the internal conflict is stronger than that against other makes. Ooo err!

Don't get me wrong i have considered a different make, i have only had two bikes in my 2 1/2 years of riding my previous being a K4 Sv650, which was a belter of a little bike, but my aspiration was always to get on the Ducati ladder and i stepped onto it as soon as possible.

i don't forsee myself leaving it through choice any time soon. I didn't expect to be scoffed at by other owners though, which how it seems having read a lot of this.

I guess it may be comparable to Porsche owners, (of which i have limited experience) looking down their nose from the heady 911's to the Boxster or Cayman, (maybe not no offence to any Porsche owners).

Ah well, im loving my 749 guess thats all that really matters.

Take care out there y'all!