Thread: Sealants
View Single Post
Old 24-Sep-2003, 09:19
Mille

Mood: i love rubber
tyre sealants.....we use the stuff in commercial type tyres,it is really good stuff for example we change tyres from a trailer that gets in excess of 50 rivets in ,we only change the tyres when there are too many punctures for the tyre to be safe(too many holes in carcass of tyre)but when you come to a bike which is no slow vehicle and only have two wheels would you yourself be happy not knowing you had a nail in your tyre? i will repair bike tyres but dont recomend it,at the end of the day its down to the rider.also this liquid in your tyre when parked up overnight will settle in bottom of your tyre so when you set off you have an unbalanced wheel until the liquid settles back round the wheel.again i say this is really good stuff but for uses other than sports bikes,metzeler have a emergancy plug kit that is excellent and will get you home.another point once you have put sealant in a tyre it is very dificult to repair as inside of tyre is full of gloop this area needs to be clean and dry to do a safe plug repair.

hope this helps tyreman