Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
From: https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicle...-within-the-eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLA

Second-hand vehicles
You don’t usually have to pay VAT if you’re importing a second-hand vehicle and the VAT was paid in another EU country.

You’ll have to pay VAT if your vehicle is classed as a ‘new means of transport’ - ie it’s less than 6 months old and has done less than 6,000km (about 3,728 miles). HMRC will tell you if this is the case.

It sounds like you shouldn't have to pay anything other than registration fees as it's a second-hand vehicle and imported from the EU.

There are some serious penalties for driving non-UK vehicles on UK licences as it is against the law with very few exemptions, mainly to do with going to pre-arranged tests!

It sounds like you'll get away with just registering it for use in this country with no VAT to pay. You shouldn't have any issue with Certificates of Conformity (CoC) as this model was sold in the UK and you can always get Ducati/Ducati UK to give you copies of the correct certificates if required anyway.

Hope this helps!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!