View Single Post
Old 22-Aug-2009, 00:48
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iang
Personally I would not be too concerned about any of the 'minor' problems except maybe the oil leak and would not class these faults as a 'nightmare'

The mirrors, misted clocks and exhaust heat shield are all well know 'faults' with the 2007/08 bikes, if it is just the glass falling out it is because the serrated washer on the spring post is weak and breaks easily. Misted clocks are occuring with loads of manufacturers, I have read on various forums about this.

The heat shield is lightly welded to the rear cylinder link pipe and a revised version is available, the Termi pipe does away with this so it must not harm anything.

My 1098S was one of the first and needed, mirrors, clocks, fuel line, radiator hose, rear sprocket carrier, ecu heat shield upgrade, revised ecu and maybe something I forgot about but none of these were serious problems, cost nothing to me and like most other new bikes are virtually expected until owners iron out the initial faults.

MFish's problem is what I would class as a nightmare, hopefully Ducati will fix it as a goodwill gesture. They spent over £5k on my mates 749R when it seized and it was 3/4 months out of warranty.
where did that speel come from iang,,,All i want to do is enjoy riding my bike every weekend weather permiting of course,,but as these problems keep occuring its not happening.Ive missed out on so many ride outs