View Single Post
Old 17-Feb-2005, 19:21
BSB Star

I think the word is realistic. If he finishes in the top 5 i'm sure on reflection he'll be happy. As you and other said, he's got an up hill challenge to face. And quite a few of the US tracks take some learning, plus the safety at said tracks are not what he's used to. Look at Laguna, amount of changed they have had to make for the GP's. There is nothing stopping him winning the series, but being realistic i don't think he will. I want him to win it. Last year he got such a bad deal on the D'antin bike. He deserves better. And i think this is why Ducati gave him 2 options, and he took the taller challenge. Respect.

I want Hodgie to win, I'm a fan of his. He got my respect in 2002 on the GSE bike, coming third onky to Bayliss and Edwards, and beating people on paper he should never have.

As for Bayliss, he's one Aussie we both TP and myself agree on in sport. Who i think has made a bad choice going to Honda, time will tell. But was he to know, i don't think so. Would liked to have seen him on the 999 this year in WSBK.