View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2004, 09:23
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK
Alan has come away from the NEC today scratching his head because having seen the the new S2R, and also the 620 monster - and all 3 Paul Smart bikes, he is very confused about the front brake calipers

All of these bikes have got fitted with 2 piston slider calipers, which seems to be very old technology - as Ducati have been using 4 pot brembos on the monster range for quite a long time - in fact, as far back as he can remember..

Does anyone know why Ducati have done this?

Is this a way of of saving money? - or is there some new technology surrounding them? - as they look like the ones fitted to bikes 15 or more years ago.

Anyone have any answers?

Is it also right that the Paul Smarts arent going to be launched till 2006 now - is there a problem - as the bikes on the stand looked all 'together'

My understanding was that spec on the SportClassics hadn't been finalised yet - only a few key things ilke Ohlins all round (for the Paul Smart anyway)

I was originally told that I would get my Paul Smart in Nov 05 but thats actually when they start building them. The best information I have regarding delivery is Spring 06. Il Duce has ordered one as well and is closer to Ducati than I so maybe he has better information?