View Single Post
Old 23-Oct-2006, 11:52

Angry Rear wheel fitment - help ??

just received my 1991 851 rear wheel back from a dealer, after having new cush drive rubbers fitted. Due to a communication fault, the dealer first changed the rear wheel bearings in the rear wheel (how you can confuse changing the bearings with the cush drive is beyond me, 'specially when the new cush drive rubbers were in deloivered in a bag with the wheel.......). On offering the wheel up to the swinging arm and bolting it in, the wheel now locks up solid and will not rotate !! The wheel was free to rotate before it went away. On examination it appears to be the aluminium rear brake caliper bracket that is binding on the rear wheel hub - specifically the RHS bearing housing. All the spacers are in place as they should be. What i'm thinking is that they have driven the bearings too far in the hub thereby preventing the necessary spacers etc from contacting on each other when assembled ?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as i now have shiny new chain and sprockets on, but am unable to rotate the wheel when it is tightend up.